HOME | BECOME A MEMBER | CONTACT US | LOGIN
Business Empowered (BE) is a Christ centered outreach to the marketplace. BE is a Christian business association that desires to attract members who love the Lord and want to see His Kingdom principleslived out in the marketplace. We exist to equip, empower, and encourage leaders in the workplace. We believe that every person and city has a call and purpose that when realized and rightly connected to others, achieves even greater things.
The marketplace, as we define it, is the space that commerce occurs. Commerce, by definition, is the free exchange of goods and services for remuneration. At BE we believe that commerce involves some of the most important parts of our community, including both for profit as well as non-profit and service organizations. This can also be captured in the 7 Mountains of Culture – Religion, Family, Education, Government, Media, Entertainment, and Business. The last of which plays a primary role in the funding of the other six.
Additionally, because we believe that our faith in Christ goes beyond the traditional Sunday service, BE also encourages the involvement of evangelical, Christian churches. BE does not exist to replace the local church. Instead, we seek to come along side it to facilitate the preaching of the Gospel and the making of disciples of Christ in a Monday through Saturday setting in the marketplace.
We hold in the highest regard Honor and Unity and the goal of raising ethical and moral standards in business and public service, therefore, we welcome any and all who wish to join us in this cause. We use The Bible as the ethical and moral standard we measure ourselves against.
At Business Empowered, we hold in high regard our “Statement of Beliefs” And the biblical foundation upon which these “Beliefs” are based. A foundation for fair and charitable treatment of all men and women. This includes:
The Business Empowered “Statement of Beliefs”:
1. We believe God is a good Father and His ways are higher than ours (Psalm 136:1) (Isaiah 55:8-9).
2. We believe in a Culture of Honor (Romans 1:12). We value God’s image in others.
3. We believe in the Power of Blessing in word and deed. (Numbers 6:24-26) (Proverbs 11:25)
4. We believe we are Called as Ambassadors of Jesus Christ to the Marketplace (Matthew 28:19)
5. We believe in the Power of Unity (Psalm 133, Eph 4:16)
6. We believe we are Known by our Love of God and Others (Mark 12:30-31)
7. We believe Work is a Calling and should be Done as unto the Lord (Colossians 3:17, 23)
8. We believe Leading begins with Serving (Mark 9:35)
9. We believe that men and women should Enjoy the Good in all their Labor…it is a gift from God (Eccl. 3:13, 22)
10. We believe in Honoring God in our Sowing and Giving (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
11. We believe we are Empowered to release the light of God into dark places (John 1:5)